Sunday, January 27, 2013

burnout

there are always a small but steady stream of articles circulating in the medical world and elsewhere  about doctor burnout. (apparently we are more prone to it then other professions.)  reading them, i never felt they applied to me.  until recently at least.  they say the doctor who treats herself, treats a fool, but i am feeling pretty confident in my self diagnosis.

it seems a perfect storm has arisen in my professional life - a too busy practice, growing EHR demands that increasingly and unrelentingly sap my time, energy and spirit, and the most dreaded (and overrated)  Maintenance of Certification, a yearlong slog through marginally beneficial and mostly burdensome requirements culminating in an very expensive and stressful exam.

fortunately for me i am an eternal optimist.

my prescription:  time

it heals most wounds.

2 comments:

  1. time does seem to heal most wounds but unfortunately it also kills us. try to take it easy and enjoy friends and family as much as you can.

    ReplyDelete